The BiblioBroads Book Club

Monday, March 27, 2006

I finished Blind Assassin last night. I can now officially say that I have read something by Margaret Atwood! The book was okay. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It will be interesting to see what all of you thought of it. I think her editor must have been on vacation because I found that in some parts of the book it went on and on. Also, I wished she had described in more detail Iris' relationship with her daughter Aimee. She sort of summed it up in a few sentences here and there. I guess Atwood felt she was not a key player in the story. I think this book will definitely cause some great discussion amongst us. I am glad I read the story and I wouldn't have picked it up to read if not for the book club. I think Atwood is a tad overrated as a writer. Don't get me wrong, she does write well, but I felt she sometimes went off on tangents that I felt had no real significance in the story. Also her storyline was not the most original. I must say that I enjoyed Geek Love more. Anxious to hear what all of you thought. Looking forward to reading Tiger Eyes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home